PROJECTING THE FUTURE PATH OF ECOMMERCE IN LATIN AMERICA
PCMI’s comprehensive data collection on e-commerce and digitization
PCMI E-Commerce Data Library
Comprehensive e-commerce data for Latin America is available from AMI’s affiliate, Payments and Commerce Market Intelligence (PCMI). PCMI projects that e-commerce in Latin America will exceed USD$510 billion in 2023, up 27% over 2022 and CAGR of 23% through 2026. Instant payments such as Pix, increased banking penetration and cross-border e-commerce are driving this growth—and generating deeper e-commerce penetration.
The benefits of e-commerce extend beyond large e-tailers as Latin American SMBs moved into online selling with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic began. For companies seeking to maximize the opportunities from this major digitalization in consumer behavior, data is crucial. This is why we developed this unique dataset.
The PCMI E-Commerce Data Library uses transactional data and other sources to reflect actual transaction volumes, as opposed to survey data, which is likely to be less accurate. This dataset incorporates ride-hailing and delivery apps, digital goods, and other services, rapidly growing sectors often overlooked by e-commerce reports. It also contains the split between domestic vs. cross-border transactions in different markets, which allows companies that are expanding to LatAm to gauge their growth potential.
The PCMI E-Commerce Data Library covers 15 e-commerce markets in Latin America:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay.
The full dataset is available for purchase along with individual country dataset and customized country bundles.
Data available in the PCMI E-Commerce Data Library
- Historical volume of each country’s 2021 and 2022 e-commerce markets in USD
- Projections of volume for 2023-2026, factoring in the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, demand drivers in each market, payment method expansions, and more
- Breakdown and projections by merchant vertical: retail, travel, ride-hailing and delivery apps, digital goods, and services
- Breakdown and projections by device: mobile purchases versus desktop
- Breakdown and projections by cross-border purchases versus domestic
- Breakdown and projections by payment method, i.e. internationally-enabled credit card, domestic-only credit card, debit card, cash vouchers, digital wallets, Pix, bank transfers, Buy Now Pay Later, and more
- New payment method in all of our e-commerce reports: Buy Now Pay Later
- Additional breakdowns available upon request
- Smartphone penetration
- Internet penetration
- E-commerce penetration
- Annual E-commerce expenditure per capita
- Financial account penetration
For each market, PCMI has created a standardized Excel report containing the keystone data (described above)
Click here to download a sample of the report
(Excel file, 384 KB)
- $2,500 – per individual market
- Country bundles and customized datasets are available
PCMI can create customized reports in Excel or PPT based on the client’s needs.
Price quoted upon request.
The 2023 PCMI Latin America E-commerce Blueprint
Regional summary PPT report showcasing key data and e-commerce trends, complementary with any data purchase.