PROJECTING THE FUTURE PATH OF ECOMMERCE IN LATIN AMERICA
AMI’s comprehensive data collection on e-commerce and digitization
The 2022 Latin America
E-commerce Data Library
AMI projects that e-commerce in Latin America will reach USD$379 billion in 2022, up 32% over 2021 and CAGR of 25% through 2025. Instant payments such as Pix, increased banking penetration and cross-border e-commerce are driving this growth, and generating deeper e-commerce penetration.
The benefits of e-commerce extend beyond large e-tailers as Latin American SMBs have moved into online selling since two years ago when the COVID-19 pandemic began. For companies seeking to maximize the opportunities from this major digitalization in consumer behavior, data is crucial. This is why we developed this unique dataset.
The 2022 Latin America E-commerce Data Library uses transactional data and other sources to reflect actual consumer behavior, as opposed to survey data, which is likely to be less accurate. This dataset also incorporates ride-hailing and delivery apps, digital goods, and other services, rapidly growing sectors often overlooked by e-commerce reports. It also contains the split between domestic vs. cross-border transactions in different markets, which allows companies that are expanding to LatAm to gauge their growth potential.
AMI’s Latin America E-commerce Data Library covers 17 e-commerce markets in the region:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay.
You can purchase the data set for all 17 countries or purchase individual markets, as needed.
Data available in the AMI’s Latin America
E-commerce Data Library
- Historical volume of each country’s 2020 and 2021 e-commerce markets in USD
- Projections of volume for 2022-2025, factoring in the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, demand drivers in each market, payment method expansions, and more
- Breakdown and projections by merchant vertical: retail, travel, ride-hailing and delivery apps, digital goods, and services
- Breakdown and projections by device: mobile purchases versus desktop
- Breakdown and projections by cross-border purchases versus domestic
- Breakdown and projections by payment method, i.e. internationally-enabled credit card, domestic-only credit card, debit card, cash vouchers, digital wallets, Pix, bank transfers, Buy Now Pay Later, and more
- New payment method in all of our e-commerce reports: Buy Now Pay Later
- Additional breakdowns available upon request
- Smartphone penetration
- Internet penetration
- E-commerce penetration
- Annual E-commerce expenditure per capita
- Bank account penetration
For each market, AMI has created a standardized Excel report containing the keystone data (described above)
Click here to download a sample of the report
(Excel file, 285 KB)
- $2,500 – per individual market
- $10,000 – bundle of six markets
- $22,700 all 17 markets
AMI can create customized reports in Excel or PPT based on the client’s needs.
Price quoted upon request
The 2022 AMI Latin America E-commerce Blueprint
Regional summary PPT report showcasing key data and e-commerce trends, complementary with any data purchase.