DELIVERING AN INFORMATIVE EDGE
AMI’s market insights help learning institutions strengthen their brands and aid the analysis of investment opportunities in the education sector.
According to a 2017 report from the World Bank, the rate of students in Latin America and the Caribbean who graduate from higher education programs more than doubled between 2000 and 2013, going from 21% to 43%.
In addition, about 25% of the higher education institutions (HEI) that exist today in Latin America were opened over that period, and a majority were in the private sector. As such, the market share of private HEIs in LatAm went up from 43% in the early 2000s to 50% in 2013.
Even more impressive is the growth of on-line education in Latin America. Coursera, a global leader in this space, launched in September 2017 a total of 150 courses in Spanish, targeting Mexico and Colombia. As of mid-2018, LatAm is Coursera’s fastest growing market. In a single week in early 2018, according to Coursera, registrations from Mexico exceeded those from the United States, Coursera’s largest market. Meanwhile, a partnership launched in Chile in April 2015 has led to a 100 percent increase in registrations there.
In this highly competitive environment, it’s important for educational institutions to stay abreast of industry trends, best practices and new opportunities to expand.
Review AMI case studies from our Educational practice to get a deeper sense of our capabilities.
Insightful Intelligence for New Opportunities
Americas Market Intelligence (AMI) works with educational institutions to strengthen their positioning in a variety of aspects:
- Benchmarking the educational offering and experience of our clients versus best-in-class competitors in their home market, the region or elsewhere around the world.
- Future trend analysis to guide universities on which educational formats, content and teaching methods will likely survive the intense period of disruption ahead.
- Demand analysis to help universities plan financially their future
For education sector investors, be they purely financial investors or strategic investors looking to growth through acquisition, AMI can analyze:
- The likely future demand and growth outlook for a particular educational model or existing asset
- The competitive environment (online and local) that a planned for educational asset will face over the next 5-10 years and the likely financial impact of said competition
- The managerial strengths and weaknesses and the institutional reputation of an education asset under consideration for acquisition
How We Can Help You
Since 1993, AMI has conducted more than 50 educational sector market intelligence studies across a wide array of segments that include the following:
- Best practices
- Comparative studies (between institutions and their competitors)
- Competitive intelligence
- Forecasting future educational trends
- Identifying new student market sectors
- Labor market studies
- Market share
- Market sizing
- Opportunity benchmarking
- Reputational studies (public perception/images of universities)
Explore Our Insights
regarding LatAm trends
Let’s Get Started
Tell us about your LatAm educational research needs.