Logistics plays a crucial role in the success of online sales in Latin America, and Guatemala is no exception. The following infographic presents the most impactful logistics data regarding e-commerce in Guatemala throughout the consumer’s buying journey. These curated insights, provided by Americas Market Intelligence, encompass:
- Motivators and demotivators for online shopping in Guatemala from a logistical perspective
- Frequency of online purchases in Guatemala
- Preferred products (and logistical reasons for purchase) in local Guatemalan online stores and international stores
- Volume, market share, and growth of cross-border and local e-commerce in Guatemala
- Regions in Guatemala with the highest rate of online shopping
- Penetration of cash on delivery payments in Guatemala
- Shipping preferences for international purchases made in Guatemala
- Top local courier companies in Guatemala
- Shipping times for online purchases in Guatemala
And much more.
Stay tuned for our ongoing series on Logistics Challenges in Latin America…
This infographic focusing on Guatemala is a seamless extension of our comprehensive exploration of the logistical hurdles encountered during the online consumer journey. It is part of our series, which also covers Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Colombia.
AMI, a leading market intelligence firm for Latin America
In the logistics sector, AMI’s experience includes e-commerce, national and international shipping, 3PL, last-mile logistics, and other topics relevant to the sector.
As we mentioned in our infographic, you can contact us to explore details about how our market intelligence services on the logistics sector could help you with your strategic decisions. AMI consultants are renowned opinion leaders helping their clients (logistics service providers, governments, etc.) to develop and implement innovative, successful strategies.