E-commerce in Latin America has continued with strong growth despite modest overall GDP growth in the region:
- In Argentina e-commerce grew by 51% in 2016
- Brazil posted growth of 8% in e-commerce in 2016 and Brazilian e-commerce is expected to grow by 10-15% in 2017
- Mexico’s e-commerce market grew by 14% during the first 9 months of 2016
- E-commerce in Peru grew by 10% in 2016
- Chile has projected growth of 20% in e-commerce for 2016
Not all data is in for specific markets foe 2016, but there’s clearly a strong growth trend.
However, the challenge that arises is with payments done via e-commerce in Latin America, and this whitepaper from Americas Market Intelligence (AMI) covers not only challenges but also practical solutions for both merchants and financial services companies to consider, such as:
- How merchants like NetFlix and LATAM Airlines successfully leveraged cash payment methods in different LatAm markets to fuel e-commerce growth
- The important role that debit cards could have in allowing more Latin Americans to make online purchases
- Case studies of merchants who turned market conditions to their advantage to spur growth in mobile commerce, given the high rates of smartphone adoption in Latin America
- The importance of companies learning to handle mass disbursement for marketplace services like Uber
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE WHITEPAPER
Contact Americas Market Intelligence to obtain strategic insights into the payments market in Latin America that will drive your business decisions successfully in areas such as e-commerce, affluent business or consumer cards, mobile money, digital wallets, POS systems and more.