AMI experts conduct webinars about Latin America to offer insights to professionals and also as part of thought leadership initiatives for clients.
Americas Market Intelligence (AMI)
Webinars are a helpful way for AMI practice leaders to synthesize their extensive market research and intelligence for Latin America with the presentation abilities derived from their work as speakers at events focused on Latin America. The webinars below offer LatAm market insights for payments, logistics, healthcare and consumer services, along with regional/market forecasts and analysis of disruption in Latin America, among other topics.
How Clean Fuels Are Transforming Latin America—and the World
February 23, 2023
This webinar explores the potential demand for clean fuels to reach net zero, and how Latin America could become a provider. Among the topics covered:
- The massive global deficit in feedstock—needed for clean fuels
- Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina and other markets—potential to produce feedstock
- Projections for production of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) in Latin America by 2030 (AMI analysis)
- Latin America installed electrolysis capacity and projections
- Latin American hydrogen investments
The webinar wrapped up with a wide-ranging panel discussion featuring an array of experts that included:
- Sean Newsum, Managing Director, Environmental Affairs, Airlines for America
- Marcel van Heesewijk, CEO and Founder, Investancia
- Jerome Gosset, Founder and CEO, Pyonnier
2023 Global Payments Megatrends
February 9, 2023
This webinar covers Day 2 of a unique event. The discussion was led by Lindsay Lehr, Managing Director at PCMI, Fabio Rocco, PCMI’s lead consultant for Europe, and Sandeep Bardia, PCMI consultant for India and APAC.
Among the topics covered:
- The instant payment trend at a global scale: Where is it taking off and what opportunities does this bring? How does it differ across regions?
- Europe is leading the way in Open Finance: What are the global implications of this?
- Cross-border e-commerce as a top driver of digitization in India and APAC
- Opportunities for card networks: Where are cards still underpenetrated and what is the winning recipe?
- Credit innovation for the underbanked
2023 Payments Megatrends in Latin America
February 8, 2023
This is Day 1 from a two-day, insight-rich webinar on global megatrends in payments. The focus here is Latin America, with topics including:
- A deep dive into Pix: What have we learned about its successes and limitations, and what can we expect in 2023?
- The evolution of instant payments beyond Brazil. What are the gaps and opportunities?
- With open finance progressing, what use cases and business models are in practice now?
- Update on BNPL and innovative credit: How merchants are quietly leading the way in expanding point of sale lending
As well as other large-scale trends.
5 Megatrends in Latin America’s Energy Sector for 2023 and Beyond
December 14, 2022
This webinar covers 5 tectonic shifts in LatAm’s energy sector:
- The exponential acceleration of natural gas and the growth of LNG exports
- Distributed generation will overshadow utility-scale solar as the grid suffers underinvestment
- Green hydrogen’s success will be limited to the production of derivatives (ammonia, methanol)
- Latin America will become a major source of feedstock for renewable fuels
- Battery storage solutions will see limited adoption (except for Chile)
Expert panelists like Daniel Ocampo from Aon and Robert Almeida from Portland Private Equity joined Arthur Deakin, AMI Energy Practice Co-Director, in parsing these 5 megatrends and how we can expect them to unfold over the next few years.
Cash, Digital Payments and Crypto in Latin America 2022-2023
December 1, 2022
In this inaugural webinar from Payments & Commerce Market Intelligence (PCMI), a new subsidiary of AMI that focuses on global payments market intelligence, lead speakers Lindsay Lehr (PCMI Managing Director) and Ignacio Carballo (Crypto and Alternative Finance Lead), focus on an array of key payments data and insights for Latin America, such as:
- Digital payments reaching 64% penetration of retail in Latin America
- Payment methods most often used in face-to-face retail in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru
- November 2022 data on Latin America crypto purchases in key markets vs. earlier research conducted in April and September 2022
- The amount of Latin American crypto customers who can be considered “active users”
- Top 3 payment methods used by Latin Americans to purchase cryptocurrency
- Top use cases for cryptocurrency in Latin America
- NFT and metaverse adoption in Latin America
- 4 predictions from PCMI on digital payments, instant transfers, crypto purchases and the financial inclusion gap in Latin America
And much more.
The Latin America 10-Year Outlook
October 12, 2022
AMI Managing Director John Price steps back and looks at the large-scale changes that will occur in Latin America during the 2020s and how they will impact a wide range of industries.
The discussion includes:
- Demographics analysis, especially the effects of a significantly aging population
- LatAm’s declining fertility rates and its impact on consumer behavior, mechanization of labor and more
- How major shifts in Latin American households which are producing very different sorts of consumers
- Why the concern about a political shift left in Latin America is in fact, overblown
- How technology is impacting a wide variety of sectors
- What to expect with the demand for power and which industries will need the most
- Which next generation technologies will disrupt Latin America in the 2020s into the 2030s
- How global changes like the net zero transition and the shift away from relying on China for manufacturing labor will affect Latin America • Which industries will be winners—and which will be losers—in Latin America over the next 10 years (2022 to 2032)
And much more.
The 2023 Latin America Forecast
October 6, 2022
The trends underlining events are as important to forecasting as economic data. Hence, with this 2023 Forecast Webinar for Latin America, we’ve changed our approach by delving into five trends that we foresee changing the business landscape in Latin America over the next few years:
- Rapid digitization rippling across payments, logistics, energy and even mining
- A demand for sustainability that will be felt through alternative energy, electric vehicles, greener last mile delivery in logistics, e-commerce return packaging and more
- The drive to optimize means customers want it faster and cheaper, apps are replacing cash, multidirectional energy grids, greater localization of mining supply chains and more
- Greater inter-dependence as payment interoperability disrupts, logistics marketplaces need interoperability to function and energy marketplaces emerge
- Digital commerce is shifting to local brands, online marketplaces can localize procurement for mining companies and intense innovation is sweeping payments, e-commerce and fintech
In this webinar, AMI’s team explained these major trends in detail to highlight the risks and opportunities for companies so they can plan effectively not only for 2023—but for 2030.
La transformación del cargo de CFO y la digitalización del área financiera en América Latina
August 16, 2022
Los datos que compartimos en este webinario procedieron de un informe detallado basado en entrevistas con más de 40 directores financieros de empresas líderes de América Latina. Los datos compartidos en este webinario incluyeron:
- Las 4 principales herramientas digitales que actualmente utilizan los CFO para ayudar a sus empresas a acelerar su transformación digital
- Las habilidades fundamentales que necesitan los CFO para tener éxito en este nuevo entorno
- Los factores que dificultan la adopción efectiva de tecnologías digitales en los procesos financieros de las empresas
- Las 5 principales áreas de las que son responsables los CFO en América Latina
- Cómo ha evolucionado el valor generado por un CFO… y lo que esto implica hoy en día
- 8 grandes problemas causados por la pandemia que los CFO latinoamericanos deben afrontar hoy en día
- Estrategias utilizadas por los CFO para inspirar a sus equipos internos y conseguir su apoyo
Y mucho más.
AMI Executive Insights Briefing: Cash Displacement and the Emerging Meta-Economy in Latin America
July 27, 2022
This webinar was presented to a select list of LatAm payments leaders on July 27, 2022. It covers the displacement of cash in Latin America and the emerging meta-economy, including:
- The increase of banking penetration in Latin America
- The massive drop in the share of cash in face-to-face retail in Latin America between 2020 and 2022
- The spike in card payment volume growth
- Defining what is the meta-economy and what are the leading meta-economy sectors in Latin America
- The explosion of the crypto economy and its impact on the metaverse
- How cryptocurrencies are being threaded into LatAm’s ecommerce purchases in ever-greater numbers
- The 7 stages of money movement through LatAm’s meta-economy
And much more.
E-Commerce and Payments in Latin America
June 29, 2022
Key data on Latin America’s e-commerce market
This webinar focused on LatAm’s ecommerce boom through both a wide-angle lense and with a tight focus by featuring:
- Breakdowns of e-commerce market volumes for all major verticals in Latin America, such as travel, retail, ride-hailing, digital goods and more
- Analysis of key trends driving the growth in each of these verticals—and what to expect in the future
- Penetration rate for e-commerce among Latin America’s population—a record high
- Exact figures on the drop in cash usage in Latin America due to the pandemic
- The most popular local e-commerce payment method in Argentina, currently with a 34% market share and headed for 28% by 2025
- Why bank transfers represent 40% of e-commerce payments in Colombia
- The 3 LatAm markets where debit cards are most dominant for e-commerce and why
- 5 key trends in cross-border and projections for its growth in e-commerce market share in retail, travel and digital goods, as well as projected share by 2025
- Analysis of 4 key trends in payment methods—authorization rates, cryptocurrency, alternative payments and Buy Now Pay Later—and what these mean for payments professionals
The Road to Net Zero Opportunities in Latin America’s Energy Transition
June 24, 2022
Growth areas with investment potential as LatAm explores greener sources of energy
While Latin America’s march toward net-zero energy will offer investors countless options, those opportunities are laced with roadblocks and risks. This webinar offered insights to help you navigate that path, breaking down the good, bad and ugly in the region’s energy transformation. It opened by covering key energy trends in Latin America, ranging from the diminishing returns in renewables to the privatization of key assets. Then it featured a detailed market-by-market analysis of opportunities and risks in countries that included Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Should Guyana create a National Oil Company (NOC)?
May 20, 2022
Exploring the pros and cons of this option
Arthur Deakin, co-director of AMI’s energy practice, gave a presentation at the Guyana International Petroleum Expo. His presentation focused on the benefits and drawbacks of establishing a National Oil Company (NOC) in Guyana, as well as the implications it will have on local and foreign companies operating in the country.
Investing in Brazil: From Energy Security to Clean Energy Transition
April 29, 2022
Market projections to help identify the best energy sector investment opportunities between 2022 and 2031 and beyond
This April 27 webinar focused on the emerging investment opportunities in Brazil’s energy market as the country increases oil production by 10% to replace the deficit caused by economic sanctions on Russia. In addition, Brazil’s congress has also approved the sale of Eletrobras, the largest public utility in Latin America, while investors are capitalizing on biomethane and distributed generation incentives. A distinguished panel of speakers joined Arthur Deakin, codirector of AMI’s energy practice, to discuss these opportunities and the risks/challenges associated with them. The webinar opens with a detailed market analysis covering oil/gas production projections through 2031, estimated investments in Brazil’s energy matrix, investment potential due to Brazil’s market liberalization and more. Then the panel explored specific questions about these developments and trends.
2022 Megatrends in Latin American Payments: Day 1
April 24, 2022
Large-scale changes in the sector
AMI Payments Practice leader Lindsay Lehr was joined by Marina Gil, AMI Senior Consultant and Brazil Specialist, and Juan Miguel Guerra, CEO of Revolut de México, to discuss 3 massive changes that are sweeping the Latin American payments sector. These megatrends are reflecting how the payments infrastructure in LAC is evolving to enable a faster, cheaper more competitive payments environment with more complexity than ever. The megatrends discussed by the panelists were: 1. Beyond Pix: How Pix’s successful launch could echo into other LatAm markets, using case studies such as SINPE Móvil in Costa Rica and P2P payments in Guatemala 2. Payment initiation: What we can expect with the adoption of open banking and payment initiation in Latin America 3. Transformation of online shopping: Data on the rapid growth of social commerce Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Colombia — as well the preferred payment methods among social commerce shoppers in these markets
2022 Megatrends in Latin American Payments: Day 2
April 24, 2022
A further exploration of large-scale shifts that are sweeping the sector
AMI Payments Practice leader Lindsay Lehr was joined by Thiago Dias, VP Fintech Strategy and Labs, LAC, for Mastercard, CEO of Revolut de México, to discuss another 3 massive changes that are sweeping the Latin American payments sector. These megatrends are reflecting how the payments infrastructure in LAC is evolving to enable a faster, cheaper more competitive payments environment with more complexity than ever. The megatrends discussed by the panelists were: 1. Credit revolution: Buy Now Pay Later, innovative consumer financing and disruption of traditional credit 2. Savings in decline and rise of alternative investing: Why traditional savings are in decline in Latin America and innovative alternatives 3. The digital dollar: Crypto exchanges, central banks and other fintechs competing to provide the best stable digitized currency AMI’s team shared a wealth of data and analysis and coupled this with the expert perspective of Thiago to help payments professionals understand the implications of these megatrends and how they will transform the industry in the near future.
How IOCs Can Contribute to a Net-Zero Economy in Latin America
April 12, 2022
The role of oil companies as the region shifts to greener energy sources
Arthur Deakin, co-director of AMI’s energy practice, speaks about the role of oil companies in the net-zero transition in Latin America. He touches upon the strategies they can pursue to align with the region’s climate goals, while simultaneously ensuring a profitable business.
The Hidden Gems in Colombia’s Energy Sector
February 10, 2022
Identifying strong investment opportunities in this growing market
Featuring a roster of expert speakers, this webinar is focused on helping investors understand not only the challenges facing Colombia’s energy sector, but also the crucial opportunities AND strategies to prepare for—and mitigate—these challenges. Among the topics covered::
- An analysis of the strongest investment opportunities in Colombia’s energy sector—and what makes them so attractive
- How investors can anticipate and forestall risks from local community protests through strategic research and proper outreach
- What will be needed to offset the decline in Colombia’s gas reserves?
- How the presidential election in 2022 will affect the energy sector
And much more.
Guyana & Suriname: Developing a Low Carbon Strategy in Emerging Oil Markets
December 9, 2021
A look at how companies are handling this challenge
Energy industry players are well-aware of the booming oil markets in Guyana and Suriname: 10 billion barrels (and counting) of recoverable oil recently discovered in Guyana, along with another 6.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent estimated in Suriname — while oil prices are at US$80 per gallon and some industry analysts predict a commodities boom in 2022.
However, with the world moving toward net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, oil & gas resources are starting to lose favor in investors’ eyes. Using the analysis of AMI’s team of market intelligence experts, in addition to esteemed panelists from both government and private industry, this webinar explored:
- General keys to reducing carbon footprints in Suriname and Guyana
- How oil and gas players in these countries will lower their carbon footprints
- Challenges involved in exploring and producing in the Suriname basin
- How energy companies can best navigate local politics and regulation
- What will happen with the local content law being discussed in Guyana and Suriname
And much more.
2022 Latin America Forecast
October 22, 2021
A look at what’s ahead
In this October 21, 2021 webinar from Americas Market Intelligence (AMI), a panel of the company’s leadership team offered their outlook for Latin America in 2022. Panelists included: John Price, AMI Managing Director Lindsay Lehr, AMI payments practice leader Guillaume Corpart, AMI healthcare practice leader Arthur Deakin, AMI energy practice co-director Alejandro Álvarez, AMI senior director, mining practice After examining larger economic trends that will influence Latin America’s economy in 2022, the Forecast focused on which LatAm countries are best-positioned to recover the fastest from the COVID-19-induced economic crisis, as well as the industries in Latin America that should recover strongly in 2022. The webinar also focused on larger trends and their implications, such as the explosion of digital commerce, the return of the commodities supercycle and the rebooting of LatAm’s healthcare system.
The Cryptocurrency Boom in Latin America
October 6, 2021
Understanding its impact on payments in the region
Latin America has emerged as an innovation frontier for digital money, hosting the world’s first “bitcoinized” economy in El Salvador and the first Central Bank Digital Currency in the Bahamas. Whether these are one-off cases or the beginning of a blockchain transformation in payments, LatAm’s digital currency experiments will yield powerful lessons for the global financial system.
To make sense of this growing ecosystem, Americas Market Intelligence – the industry leader in LatAm payments research – recently held a webinar on the topic.
Lead speakers for AMI included Lindsay Lehr, AMI Payments Practice Leader, and Tim Jacklich, a Senior Analyst who leads AMI’s research into cryptocurrency.
The guest speaker was Abraham Cobos, Crypto strategy Manager for Bitso, which is Latin America’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and its first crypto unicorn.
The webinar, held on October 5, 2021, focused on pressing questions in the crypto space, such as:
- Which cryptocurrency classes are gaining the most traction among LatAm consumers? (e.g., bitcoin, Ethereum, stablecoins)
- Who is buying cryptocurrency in Latin America, and for what use case?
- How competitive are cryptocurrencies in the cross-border remittances space, and how can crypto products be optimized for this space?
- What lessons does El Salvador’s “bitcoinization” offer about the future of cryptocurrency?
- How are Latin American regulators approaching digital currencies?
- What are the most promising pathways for enabling crypto expenditures at the point of sale (e.g., crypto-linked debit cards, QR codes, others)?
- How will crypto P2P applications compete with local real time options like Pix?
In addition, Mr. Cobos and AMI’s team fielded a wide range of audience questions and shared results from a September 2021 study that polled Latin Americans on their interest in cryptocurrency.
Brazilian E-Commerce and Payouts
September 30, 2021
Key insights into crossborder, Pix and other developments in the Brazilian payments ecosystem
In this webinar, AMI’s payments team and special guest Karina Farina from BoaCompra, Brazil’s top cross-border payments platform, present crucial e-commerce and payments market data for Brazil, such as:
- Brazil’s e-commerce market growth in key sectors, such as retail, travel and digital goods/services
- Projections for Brazil’s e-commerce market, 2021-2024, with market shares of key sectors in each year
- 2021 e-commerce trends in Brazil for travel, retail and digital goods
- Most popular payment methods used by Brazilians for e-commerce, both now and in 2024 to project shifts in payment preferences
- The role of Pix in e-commerce
- How Brazil’s central bank is acting to regulate and modernize Brazil’s payment system
- 10 important recommendations for international companies looking to enter the Brazilian e-commerce market
- Understanding payouts, the different types and why improving cross-border payouts is crucial
And much more.
Tracking LatAm’s COVID Recovery
June 24, 2021
Gauging which countries and sectors will recover first and why
COVID-19 has severely devastated Latin America, first in the hundreds of thousands of lives lost and then with the economic effects of lockdowns and fiscal crunches. This webinar delves into the outlook for the recovery of Latin America. Beginning with an overview of key factors in the recovery, such as herd immunization levels, export growth, foreign direct investment and others, AMI’s speaker panel projects which countries in Latin America are most likely to recover the fastest. Speakers then examine developments in key sectors, such as payments, logistics, energy and healthcare, to highlight both opportunities and challenges. This wide-ranging combination of hard data, analysis and insights could help companies with their future planning during the rest of 2021 and into 2022 and beyond.
6 principales megatendencias na area de pagamentos no Brasil para 2021
May 18, 2021
Examinando as mudanças em larga escala no ecossistema de pagamentos brasileiro
Neste webinar da AMI, os palestrantes (que incluem Marina Gil, Diretora da área de pagamentos no Brasil para a AMI; Lindsay Lehr, Diretora de Prática de Pagamentos para a AMI; e Gilmar Hansen, Vice-presidente de produtos para o Recarga Pay) cobriram 6 mudanças maciças ocorridas no setor de pagamentos, incluindo:
- Se a democratização dos serviços e o maior acesso aos serviços financeiros reduzirão significativamente a quantidade de consumidores desbancarizados no Brasil
- Nossa análise sobre o papel que os cartões de débito desempenharão no Brasil
- Como a tecnologia sem contato deixará de ser vanguarda e se tornará algo comum
- Por que os pagamentos instantâneos podem ajudar a acabar com a predominância do dinheiro físico no Brasil
- Fatores que tornarão o modelo de banking as a service o principal caso de uso de open banking
- Os efeitos da digitalização de PMEs devido aos confinamentos impostos pela pandemia
E muito mais.
Este webinar apresenta uma combinação atraente de insights especializados e um conjunto detalhado de dados que ajudarão os profissionais de pagamentos a navegar nestas mega-tendências e posicionar suas empresas com sucesso.
Latin America Payments: 6 Megatrends for 2021
February 4, 2021
A look at the gigantic shifts underway in the Latin American payments market
In this webinar, AMI’s payment team examined in detail the 6 megatrends they foresee to occur in the region, such as instant payments displacing cash, debit becoming top of wallet, the disappearance of the “unbanked” in Latin America, the rising dominance of contactless payments, mass SME digitization and bank-as-a-service outpacing open banking in Latin America. The rich array of data and analysis will serve as a powerful resource to help banks and financial services companies refine their strategies and approaches in 2021 and beyond.
Thought Leadership in Latin America
January 21, 2021
A guide to developing strategies and optimal execution of thought leadership content
In this workshop, AMI leaders define thought leadership (distinguishing it from advertising and content marketing), then explain why it can be effective strategy for Latin America. They also offer advice on how to develop a strategy for effective thought leadership and explain how to best execute different forms of thought leadership, such as blogs, whitepapers, videos and more. The workshop covers not only writing and design, but also organization, best-performing content formats and also features tips on how to successfully market thought leadership content in Latin America.
December 4, 2020
The results of a new study that identifies the characteristics and approaches of the most innovative companies in the LatAm payments sector
In this webinar from Visa’s LAC Innovation Center and Americas Market Intelligence, Vanesa Meyer—Head of Innovation and Design for Visa’s LAC Innovation Center—and Lindsay Lehr—Director of the Payments Practice at Americas Market Intelligence—discuss the results of a new study focused on how financial services companies in Latin America are driving innovation. This data-packed presentation covers a wide range of aspects of innovation practices, ranging from use of agile methdology and machine learning to use of open APIs, partnerships with startups and use of different payment technologies, such as biometrics, contactless, digital wallets and more.
Principais tendências na indústria de pagamentos no Brasil em 2021
30 de outubro de 2020
Analisando as tendências no setor de pagamentos do Brasil que dominarão 2021
Este webinar gratuito explorou várias tendências chave de pagamento com o intuito de preparar os profissionais brasileiros da indústria para 2021. Os insights ue a equipe da AMI compartilhou neste webinar foram adquiridas ao longo de 20 anos de experiência, somados a mais de 400 estudos de Mercado conduzidos no setor de pagamento. Entre os principais tópicos cobertos por este webinar foram: • A movimentação dos neobancos para uma oferta completa de serviços: como isso irá afetar os bancos tradicionais? • A enorme digitalização dos pagamentos impulsionada pelo coronavoucher irá se tornar permanente? Ou esses novos consumidores digitais irão voltar a usar dinheiro? • Como o Pix irá impactar o uso de boletos, e o que os emissores e adquirentes devem fazer para maximizar as oportunidades que surgem com esse novo sistema P2P? • Quais são as futuras implicações do crescimento da popularidade dos meios de pagamento sem contato no Brasil? Essa adoção dos pagamentos sem contato traz benefícios ou disrupção? • Qual será a nova definição para “fidelização do cliente” no ecossistema de pagamentos brasileiro?
2021 Latin America Forecasting Forum Highlights
September 24, 2020
A detailed look at what lies ahead for LatAm in 2021 and beyond, including the return to normalcy post-COVID, key challenges, 5 important trends and more
This video offers a brief summary of what we covered in our Forecasting Forum, including an analysis of when we expect the COVID crisis to wind down, how marketers need to take further advantage of the e-commerce boom through hyperpersonalization, opportunities for the payment industry to make the conversion from cash stick, where medical equipment manufacturers will see growth in 2021, areas of growth for logistics companies in 2021, possible political challenges due to COVID and fiscal constraints, and much more. However, if you’re interested in obtaining the complete 3.5-hour analysis along with presentation slides, please click here.
Gold at $2,000 per Ounce: Risk vs. Opportunities
September 2, 2020
An analysis of the array of risks that could present themselves if record gold prices are sustained
In this webinar, AMI Managing Director John Price is joined by Terry Heymann, CFO of The World Gold Council, and Augusto Cauti, former Deputy Minister of Mines in Peru. The panel’s discussion centered on the risks that could be spawned by the recent rise in gold prices to $2000 per ounce, including local community risk, illegal mining, political risk, security risk and more. AMI also highlighted the crucial importance of market intelligence and monitoring jurisdictions to identify risks more quickly and efficiently so that miners and investors can avoid, manage or mitigate them more effectively.
Cost Cutting During COVID-19 in Latin America
August 5, 2020
How strategic cost-cutting can re-invent your company, not simply shrink it
The economic havoc wrought by COVID-19 is likely to lead to cost-cutting by companies. This webinar from Americas Market Intelligence (AMI) focuses on strategic cost-cutting strategies that companies operating in Latin America can employ. Rather than focus on conventional approaches such as reducing head count, AMI’s practice leaders share other ways that companies can reduce their costs that will help companies grow, not shrink, and position them strongly after the COVID-19 crisis passes. The approaches involve tactics that can be applied by financial services companies, logistics firms, consumer goods/services companies and more.
The Adoption and Penetration of High-Tech Medical Equipment in Latin America
June 10, 2020
The factors that make a hospital more likely to acquire high-tech equipment, as well as the technology leaders among Latin American hospitals
In this webinar organized by Global Health Intelligence, panelists — including GHI CEO Guillaume Corpart, Matthew Collins of Medtronic and Vanessa Teich of Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein — discuss the factors that drive hospitals in Latin America to acquire high-tech medical equipment, ranging from ultrasound machines and C-Arms to linear accelerators, gamma cameras and lithotripter machines. Using data from GHI’s HospiScope database, Corpart shows the crucial characteristics of hospitals that acquire high-tech equipment, including a breakdown of penetration of different equipment types in the region. He also shares a unique predictive model called TechTier, which uses statistical modeling to indicate the types of equipment that Latin American hospitals in different tiers are likely to have. Medtronic Marketing Manager Matthew Collins covered the two keys to successful technology adoption by hospitals and highlighted some of the best practices to produce optimal results in this area. For her part, Vanessa Teich highlighted factors in acquisition, the challenges to doing so and approaches to facilitate. In addition, GHI unveiled a list of the tech leaders among Latin American hospitals: the institutions that possess the most cutting-edge medical equipment based on data tracked in HospiScope. To wrap up, panelists answered a wide range of questions from the audience.
The Political Fallout from COVID-19 in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia
May 21, 2020
The effects of the crisis on political leaders: good, bad and ugly
In this webinar, the company’s Managing Director, John Price, was joined by a panel of experts to discuss the difficult political challenges facing governments in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia due to the COVID-19 crisis, the ensuing lockdown and mapping out a strategy to re-open. The webinar opens with a detailed look at the impact of COVID-19, including cases and deaths. It also covers the challenges with testing and the importance of understanding the data that’s been obtained. Chile is analyzed as a case study in terms of managing the COVID-19 pandemia, along with a look at cost of quarantines in different Latin American countries. The panel then delves deeply into the coronavirus response in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, along with the internal conflicts and what to expect as the crisis continues to unfold.
Will Coronavirus Finally Digitize Payments in Latin America?
April 30, 2020
Overview of the increasing digitization of payments during the crisis and potential for lasting after the crisis has passed
In this webinar presentation from Americas Market Intelligence, panelists that include Lindsay Lehr (Director of the Payments Practice at Americas Market Intelligence), Mónica Mariño (Head of Payments at Rappi) and Marina Gil (Brazil Payments Affiliate for Americas Market Intelligence) look at recent shifts in payments due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Topics include recent e-commerce sales increases in Latin America, the benefits of digitizing e-commerce payments in Latin America, Brazil’s coronavoucher program and more.
Telemedicine in Latin America: Gauging Its Potential During the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond
April 23, 2020
The penetration of telemedicine in Latin American hospitals and its potential to help with patient care during the crisis and beyond
In this webinar, expert panelists look at the penetration of telemedicine in Latin America, the different applications of it, the typical organization of hubs and spokes, the challenges to expansion in the region, the catalysts that could drive its expansion and much more. Panelists included FIU professor Dr. Cynthia LeRouge, a leading telemedicine expert, and Gustavo Menéndez, Managing Director of Digital Transformation and Telemedicine for Cisco, a leader in implementing telemedicine system in hospitals around Latin America. The lead speaker for GHI was Guillaume Corpart, CEO and founder, and the webinar was moderated by Mariana Romero Roy, Director of Business Development and Intelligence for GHI.
The Impact of Coronavirus on Latin America’s Healthcare System –Crisis Vs. Opportunity
April 9, 2020
Data on equipment levels in Latin American hospitals and analysis from industry professionals
In this webinar, Guillaume Corpart (director of AMI’s healthcare practice) and guest panelists Agustín Zabulanes (Mexico Country Director for Boston Scientific) and Dr. Benjamín Villaseñor (Innovation Director for Grupo Diagnóstico Médico Proa) offer data and analysis about Latin America’s ability to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges/opportunities presented by the crisis. Corpart breaks down key data about hospital infrastructure in Latin America in relation to coronavirus, including the number of ventilators, the average hospital size in Latin America, number of ventilators per 100,000 people in Latin America and more. Dr. Villaseñor discussed epidemic phases and their respective strategies and also outlined COVID-19 pandemic scenarios for LatAm that included future projections into October 2020. All of the panelists later tackled a series of tough questions from the audience, offering further insights.
The 2020 Consumer Services Forecast
Oct 31, 2019
LatAm consumer services outlook
Ricardo Alvarez, director of the consumer services/ecommerce practice at Americas Market Intelligence, looks at 2 key trends in marketing for brands targeting consumers in Latin America. This analysis especially on how marketers have moved from mass targeting to highly personalized individual targeting, and what this means for the market.
The 2020 Logistics Forecast for Latin America
Oct 31, 2019
LatAm logistics sector outlook
Diego Rodriguez, leader of the logistics practice for AMI, examines 5 new trends that will impact logistics in Latin America in 2020 and how companies should prepare for them. He also answers audience questions about specific challenges with the logistics industry in LatAm.
The 2020 Major Markets Forecast for Latin America
Oct 31, 2019
2020 outlook for Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and other key markets
2020 outlook for Brazil Mexico Chile Colombia Peru Argentina, covering the key challenges facing each country and the sectors with the best growth potential for next year and beyond.
The 2020 Payments Forecast for Latin America
Oct 31, 2019
2020 payments outlook for Latin America
Lindsay Lehr, director of AMI’s payments practice, covers 6 key trends to expect in the LatAm payments industry in 2020, along with other important industry developments. In addition, she fields audience questions about key concerns for payments professionals in Latin America in 2020 and beyond.
The 2020 Healthcare Forecast for Latin America
Oct 31, 2019
2020 healthcare outlook for LatAm
Guillaume Corpart, director of AMI’s healthcare practice, shares the 2020 outlook for healthcare in Latin America. He covers 3 sweeping megatrends impacting the region and also shares case studies showing how medical device/equipment manufacturers were able to use market intelligence to drive their sales through a strategic approach to analytics.
The State of Innovation in Latin America
May 5, 2019
Results of a study examining the key characteristics of innovative companies in the payments sector of Latin America
In this webinar, Visa and Americas Market Intelligence discuss the results of a study looking at what defines innovation in the financial services sector in Latin America, particularly with banks, acquirers, marketplaces and start-ups.
Payments Disruption in Latin America
Jun 27, 2019
Technological shifts that are disrupting the payments sector in LatAm
This is the payments portion of the Americas Market Intelligence (AMI) June 2019 webinar on defending against disruption in Latin America. Presented by Lindsay Lehr, the payments practice director for AMI, the presentation focuses on key disruptive trends occurring in Latin American payments, including Banco Itaú’s new mobile payments app, called Iti, which distinguishes itself by being interoperable, offering real-time payments and working for both Itaú customers and non-Itaú customers. The presentation also focuses on the rise of real-time payments in Latin America, openness and a downward pressure on fees charged by banks.
El estado de los pagos sin contacto en Latinoamérica
July 12, 2018
El potencial de expansión de pagos sin contacto en Latinoamérica y los beneficios para empresas de servicios financieros y consumidores.
En este un video un grupo de panelistas —entre ellos Lindsay Lehr de Americas Market Intelligence, Rogerio Cazelato de Visa y Luis Chavarria de PriceSmart— discuten los retos de implementar los pagos sin contacto en Latinoamérica de diferentes perspectivas, entre ellas la de los emisores, la de los adquirentes, la de los comerciantes y la de consumidores. Chavarria comenta extensamente sobre la exitosa implementación de los pagos sin contacto por PriceSmart en Costa Rica y otros países de Centroamérica. Los panelistas también abordan varios otros temas relacionados con este nuevo medio de pago y su gran potencial para los bancos en Latinoamérica.