Mauricio Cárdenas is a consumer-packaged goods senior executive with over 30 years experience working for Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Cárdenas has extensive experience in strategic planning, developing and executing growth strategies, launching new products, developing winning commercial plans, expanding businesses Internationally as well as in scouting and evaluating medium to large companies for M&A.
Mr. Cárdenas developed his successful career in Johnson & Johnson, Quaker Oats, Gatorade, MolsonCoors and Dr. Pepper Snapple group, where he managed small to large businesses in Latin America, the USA as well as in Western Europe, Russia, South East Asia and Australia.
His area of specialization is the design and implementation of strategies to drive transformational growth.
Some examples of his experience are:
- Branding & New product introduction: Launched a sports beverage, achieving over US$400 MM in sales in five years. Designed and implemented a successful business model that later was transferred across Latin America and Europe.
- Business turn around: Reversed significant share losses of leading beer brand in Puerto Rico after implementation of excise tax. Designed and implemented strategy to improve Brand’s value equation.
- Channel management: Creation of national DSD distribution network reaching over 50,000 points of sale through third party distributors. Optimization of different route to market models (own sales force, distributors, CSD, wholesalers, licenses).
- International Expansion: Transformed beverage company export business into international division by designing and implementing rollout strategy, for LatAm, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- M&A: Identified targets and conducted commercial evaluation for several M&A projects and their potential synergies to support financial valuation and ROI, in Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and India.
Mr. Cárdenas is known for his approachable leadership style, sharp strategic vision, broad business acumen, brand building capabilities, commercial knowledge as well as for his problem-solving skills.
Mr. Cárdenas has dual citizenship US/Mexico and holds a BS in Industrial Engineering. He has lived in many geographies and speaks English, Spanish and French that allows him to deeply understand different cultures and the way of doing business on a global basis. When Mauricio is not involved in a strategy projects, he likes to spend time at the beach and help on the conservation of marine life. At present, Mr. Cárdenas resides with his wife in Miami, Florida.