Business Environment Analysis
A perfectly executed business plan can still go awry if the economic and/or regulatory environments prove unforgiving. This is especially true in Latin America, where, despite enormous progress at stabilizing economies, the political and legal environs can prove perilous to the ill prepared. At greatest risk are highly visible, strongly regulated industries such as mining, energy, infrastructure, transportation, utilities, banking and insurance.
Companies that invest hard assets outside of Latin America's capital cities, in more remote locations need to understand the local political and legal dynamic and the key interested parties that influence them, information that is not found in published sources.
Relevant Case Studies
- Delving into Brazil's Infrastructure Boom – Industrial
- Planning Long-Term Growth: Forecasting in Latin America – Logistics
- The Inside Scoop – Natural Resources
- Getting a Step Ahead of Your Opponents – Natural Resources
- Reading the Energy Policy Tea Leaves – Natural Resources
- Fool's Gold – Natural Resources
- Is That Public Bid Worth Pursuing? - Logistics