No sector has attracted more foreign investment in Latin America over the last 15 years than financial services. Declining Latin American interest rates driven by macro-economic reforms and fiscal prudence, as well as benign global conditions have helped triple the bankable base in the region. The greatest vehicle for finance growth has been the card sector, both debit and credit cards growing faster in Latin American than any other region over the last decade. The traditional hegemony of banks is increasingly challenged by retailers, utilities, mono-lines and others with broad reach. Future areas of growth in consumer transaction finance include the conversion of telephony and cards, and e-retailing. After heavily courting large businesses with corporate banking services, banks, insurance and leasing now look to SMEs as the next segment of growth.
AMI consultants have conducted over 250 studies of Latin America's finance sector since 1992 in the following segments:
- A Guide to Business Expansion: Who, What, Where, When, and How
- Securing a Way into Latin America's Largest Corporations
- Navigating the Brazilian Healthcare Payment Industry
- How Can I Best Serve My Affluent Customers?
- Discovering Target Customer Preferences
- Mortgages for the Affluent
- Making an Impressive Debut
- Trying Too Hard to Breathe New Life Into an Old Product
- Send the Money Home
- Demystifying the digital wallet in Latin America
- Commercial Cards in the Andean Markets
- The logistics of banking the unbanked
- Serving the affluent client in the United States
- Stored value cards across Latin America
- Targeting niche demand – Remittances
- Making an Impressive Debut: Entering the credit card market in Brazil
- Better serving investors’ real estate needs in Mexico
- Product viability: Financial services in three markets
- Best practices to capture target demand
- Pursuing the best regional opportunities in the commercial card segment
- Establishing a market share performance benchmark
- Is the insurance industry corrupt?
- Redefining customer segmentation
- Monitoring the developments of Mexican energy reform
Most Sought After Services by the Financial Services Sector
Business Expansion – Developing dozens of new card and debt products each year, banks and card companies constantly study the market to find the best product mix for expansion.
Competitor Monitoring – The dynamic nature of the industry demands a constant monitoring of competitive threats and best practices.
Usage & Attitude – Latin American wallets are increasingly crowded with multiple card options. U&A surveys offer card product developers vital insight into what drives loyalty and triggers use.